Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Neon Spats N' Spangles Mani...

After my pretty peach mani I just had the urge to BUST OUT with some colours. So I had fun with my new Art Deco striper polishes!

I got a haul of them from a small town bargain store. :) Fuchsia, yellow and lime green for this mani. I also got a royal blue sparkle and a fuchsia sparkle, but I'll save those for another day.




I painted my nails with 2 coats of Wet N Wild French White Creme, then striped on the colours, finishing with black across the...smile?




I then stamped some different sizes of stars on my nail using Konad special polish in Black Pearl and various Bundle Monster plates. Sorry this next one is a bit blurry. :(




I found rhinestones to match the tip of each nail and placed a corresponding one in each of the larger stars (one per nail). Then I did little rows of rhinestone "spat" buttons up the side of each tip, following one of the colour stripes.




A good top coat and voila! My Neon Spats n' Spangles mani.

Hope you like!
Cheers!
JQ

5 comments:

  1. wow, this is so awesome I don;t think I've seen anything like this before, very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i love this design and the image. Where did u find the striper polish? was it here in toontown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! :) So glad you like them!

    Alikat: I got the polish in Humbolt at the Bargain Shop in the little grey mall as you head into town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alikat: So...I totally bought up most of them today. Don't go all the way out there!

    You can get some from me if you like. :p They were $1.88 plus tax each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JQ: i wasn't planning on heading to Humboldt, i don't have any friends or family that way. I would love to purchase these polish. Thanks for the offer. I would like Royal glitter, fuchsia, and bright yellow. i do have the other colors in kiss nail art already. Y don't you email me at my gmail account - alikat789 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles!