Friday, October 22, 2010

Mummy Manicure

EDIT! Please everyone, I had to come back here and let your know that I have unintentionally duplicated (or very nearly) a mani already done by PimpMyNailz I had been daydreaming about making this mani for awhile, but had no idea if it had been done before. I did Google it in case I might spot another mani, but I didn't get too thorough. Then I went ahead and submitted it to Chez-Delaney. I had also made a submission of a different mani to Polish Freshie's competition, but when I went in to check out her gallery there I found PimpMyNailz's awesome Mummy mani. She definitely made this mani first. PROPS. Great minds think alike for sure!

Actually it was one of several halloween manis I had been considering to submit for Freshie's challenge. I am soso glad I didn't! This way PimpMyNailz can showcase hers without mine being all like 'hey mine's the same-ish. neener neener'.

I wish everyone in both competitions best of luck, and I hope no hard feelings are had.

<3 <3


Below is my original post.


---------------------------------------



Greetings Ghoulies! In celebration of my new forays into Halloween with my son, here is my mummy mani:


This is my entry for Chez-Delaney's Halloween nail Stamp Art Competition. For more info click here. The stipulation is that you have to use stamp art for your manicure.

I used three coats of Claire's Snow Ball for the base colour, then stamped the design with Konad Special Polish Black Pearl and Konad Plate #S6. The first time I saw that image I thought "mummy wrappers!" With Kiss Nail Art black I blacked out a stripe using the stamped lines as guides. I then placed two red rhinestone eyes on each mummy face.

Topcoat and that's all!

The contest runs until Oct 31st and the prize is one of those really large image plates. Go check it out! There are so many neat manicures posted in the gallery.

Later gaters!
JQ

14 comments:

  1. What a great nail design! It really looks like a mummy! Perfect for Halloween - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super!! you did a great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!! i was thinking of doing something similar, I thought the same thing when I saw that konad design ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!

    Danielle: It's another case of great minds thinking alike! :p

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love with this look, I wish I had that plate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As said in my reply to your comment on my blog already.... DON'T BE SILLY! You did an awesome job and I don't claim anything to be 'mine' or 'first'. Great minds think alike indeed hihi ;) Keep it up girly, it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just made my day! Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest from spinning. :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl, actually, Daily Nail made it even way before PimpMyNailz.... so it's been done a lot but I think everyone understands- there are only so many things you can do with a mummy stamp,,, make mummies! :-)

    It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tara: I'll bet she did! She's so rad. I'm going to go look hers up now!

    Thank you much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! love the way you used the jewels or eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone puts their own unique twist on things, people that recreate the Mona Lisa are still artists. :) Love the little jewels for the eyes, too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so adoreable. i would have never thought to make mummy's from that image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments! This definitely has been one of my favorite Halloween themed manicures so far. :)

    They go along with those super cute Frankenstein and Dracula faces I've been seeing around the blogs!I think it would be fun to put them together on a hand so they can make freaky friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So clever, I love it ! xo

    http://sheshotta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles!