Friday, June 10, 2011

I scrub and scrub but they'll never come clean!

HIDEOUS! AND AWESOME!

My germs and bacterium manicure:


I don't even know where to start on explaining these bad boys. Suffice to say my friend Alikat came over for a girl's night and well...things got a bit silly!


I had been browsing my new bundle monster set and noticing all the cool little stamps that look like germs or bacteria. Lo there was also a french tip that looked like it would combine nicely. I painted my nails with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Whirlwind White, and when that was dry I went to town. I grabbed a whole schwack of sheer/iridescent polishes from my stash including: Sinful Colors Fiji, Love Nails and Bali Mist, Sally Hansen HD Resolution and Hi-Def (both green) and Digital (bright pink sheer), Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lime Lights, And Nicole By OPI Respect the World.


I planned to french tip all nails except my ring finger on each hand, using the tip image, so before I stamped I wanted to ensure some sparkling colours would come through the stamp. I blotched on daubs of random sheer polishes across the tips of each nail. I then used more sheers and the stone stamp from BM211 to add subtle colour to the remaining white nail.


I used GOSH Nero and the bacteria tip from BM217 to stamp over the tips once everything was dry. On my ring fingers I blotched sheers all over the nail instead of just the tips. Then I used Nero and the germie images off BM211 and 212.


Then I switched to red. I used OPI Off With Her Red to stamp those same images from my ring finger onto the whites of the remaining nails. I was totally random about it. It was a lot of fun!


Time to dig out the dotting tools!
I used brighter more pigmented colours and dotted all over the place. I used a bright yellow and more Off With Her Red inside some of the bacteria. I used GOSH Nero here as well.


And I just spammed you with sooo many pictures! But this was totally fun. Not really an attractive manicure, and it has a LOT going on, but from a distance it has a kind of abstract art/graffiti effect that I really enjoy. :)

Thanks for visiting me and having a nail painting session Alikat!

Has everyone had a chance to take a peek at my 200 Follower Giveaway?

Cheers!

JQ

17 comments:

  1. wow!!! great idea! i really like it! it doesn't look bacteria bec, very colorful..well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I need to go wash my hands now, and scrub under my nails especially. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Great job using those plates. I wish I were more creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo coool! Really lovin it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool!! Lots of colours but it looks... cohesive somehow! Organized chaos - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're crazy...insane....but somehow it all works! A super original mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are totally awesome - your best ones yet!

    (I commented before, but I think blogger ate it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one of the wildest/craziest manis I have seen in a while-I love it!....Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great mani! Seems like it shouldn't work with so much going on at once--but I think you went right past that barrier into so much going on it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is awesome! At first glance it kind of looks like some seventies prints, hahaha. Such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Thanks for sharing this fantastic blog, really very informative. Your writing skill is very good, you must keep writing this type of blogs. Know about Find roku link code.

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles!