Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Piano keys and Filigree

Greetings Jelly Beans!

I was itching to use the piano keys image out of the new bundle monster set, but now I'm sad because I don't have any images of sheet music, or musical notes to go with them! I had some trouble getting the stamp lined up on my nail. I think next time, prior to stamping, I'll take my Art Deco black and draw a line where I want to follow with the image.


Also, my nails are kind of warping a bit as they grow out. I am not used to this length at all, and the images were harder to get contacted all across my nail, resulting in a skewed stamp. I had to go in with my Art Deco black and try to straighten a few keys a bit!


For this manicure I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails White Tip, and then stamped the piano keys image from BM 207, using GOSH Nero. I LOVE GOSH, especially Nero. It's nice and crisp, and cleans up WAY easier than the Konad black.

Then I used the filigree image (BM21) from the old set and Wet n' Wild Blackmail (a kind of transparent black with a hint of sparkle in it) to get the grey effect. Also a bit of the sparkle transferred which was terribly subtle but it made me happy!

Lastly, before applying my Seche Vite top coat, I went over the line between the filigree and the piano keys with my Art Deco black, and touched up a few of the keys.


These totally remind me of my spats n' spangles manis! And now I want to do one of those again. :) I really like splitting my nail in half or 1/3 to 2/3 --almost like a reverse french but with a straight line, especially if the nails are filed square. :)

Have you entered my 200 follower giveaway yet? It includes a bottle of Wet n' Wild Blackmail and a Black Art Deco!

Thanks for stopping by!

JQ

15 comments:

  1. This is a favorite, I love this look, very classy. Wow your nails are getting long, I wish mine would but work keeps them short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! I love this! You did a great job lining it up...I find it really hard to stamp any image that needs to be perfectly straight but yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! The two images work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a good idea, lining it up against a striped line. i am terrible at stamping tip images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! this design is beautiful. Looks very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really fantastic. Great idea and the execution is amazing! I love the strong black and then the softer grey on the swirly pattern. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! that i.p is very fashionate! ♥
    well done sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish and I love it! I wish I could pull of a white/black mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! It reminds me of vintage papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! <3

    Anita: I honestly don't know how they have stayed this long. I have been landscaping and cleaning dishes and packing for travel, all things that usually wreck my nails! Lucky go this time I guess :D

    Mrsrexy and Rebecca, I think drawing the line across with a striper brush first would help in lining it up. I tend to roll on the stamp from one side of my nail to the other and eyeball it as it lays down from the side. Does that make sense? :D


    Thanks again everyone for your happy comments! I really enjoyed making and wearing this one!

    JQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is definately one of my favs that you have done. Probably because I play piano! <3

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles!