Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fun with dots and pink/purple dinosaur inspired tootsies.

I've seen a few variations of this design the most recent being at Deez Nailz and I wanted to give my new "embossing stylus" a try. :)



The paler colour is one of two gold-ish olive green frankens that I globbed together from a bunch of random bottles a few days back. Sorry I can't really give a recipe. It was basically a bunch of bottom of the bottle salvages. The darker colour is NYC Flat Iron Green. I painted two coats of the franken, then once that was dry, went in with my black Kiss nail art striper polish and drew a fine, curved, diagonal line across the tips of each nail. This was basically a guide for when I applied the Flat Iron Green. It also provides just a slightly darker definition where the two colors meet. Then I took the larger side of my embossing stylus and went to town dotting up either side of the line with opposite colours.

Seche Vite top coat and voila!



Okay TOE SHOT guys. I tried to take a pretty picture but somehow there just isn't a pretty picture of toes for me. The sun was nice and bright this morning which is lovely. I think I'll have to go for a walk with the pooch and the boy.

Anyway here goes...



I used my Claire's Tiger Lily for the base color, then painted on the spots using my white Kiss nail striper, and outlined them with my fuchsia Art Deco striper. One coat of Revlon Grapefruit Glimmer Gloss followed by one coat of Seche Vite! You can't really see the glimmer gloss much. Nobody will be inspecting my toes closely enough to notice that. I hope. :p



I was thinking about dinosaurs for some reason or another as I did these. Possibly because of Dino from The Flintstones? I think yes. Except it looks like he had black spots. There is something else I am thinking of too...that book called Serendipity?

Anyways that's it for today. I have to get cleaning! My parents arrive from the Yukon tomorrow! I'll try and make one more post before they get here with my mani for next week, but if I'm not around it's because I'm hanging with the pack. :)

Later Gaters!
JQ

9 comments:

  1. That pedicure is cute! Love the finger nails also :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even without reading the post I thought of Dino too! I think I'm going to have to do a two tone dot this week it just looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani. I've seen it on a couple blogs now but I always like everyone's interpretation of it. Its an elegant mani. And the pedi is cute. What a great idea with the "dinosaur spots" on your toes...looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Mani & Pedi. nice colors and love your artistic freehand. Yabba Dabba Doo, or shall i say yip yip yip, loved the flintstones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Banana: Thankyou! :)

    domesticgoddess: Yes I received a few compliments on my dot mani today. The girl behind the counter at DQ was pretty in love with it. It always makes me so happy when people are like "Can I check out your nails?"

    Lacquer Ware: Cheers! I have seen it all over and yep, every time I'm thinking how I dig it!

    alikat: yipyipyip! Thanks so much!

    I thank you all for the comments they really mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh wow.. that mani & pedi is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Thriszha! They were fun! I'll be leaving my toes like that for awhile, but I already had to change my fingers because I got two big chips while I was cleaning my house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pedi is amazing !!
    I'm a new italian follower, so... ciao <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dot mani and did the same design a few weeks ago. I love that it's such little effort for so much impact!

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles!