Thursday, April 24, 2014

Leadlight Manicure

Hello Jellos!  

I am very excited to show off this manicure.  It reminds me of Tiffany lamps.  I wouldn't be surprised if this image has been used with the leadlight technique before but I haven't seen it.  If you know of a link or you used it, please leave the link in the notes so I can take a peek and maybe discover a new blog! :)


1 coat Billie Cosmetics White
Stamped using a frankened black and stained glass image from Cheeky XL Plate "A"
Filled in with a small dotting tool and all my franken sheers
1 gentle coat of sparkly SH Diamond Strength Diamonds
Seche Vite to finish!

 


This manicure wore like iron.  I lightly sanded my nails, and because I knew I'd be adding a coat of sparkle I didn't want to stack up too many layers, I opted to only use one thin coat of white.  I applied it as evenly as I could get it.  Once the stamp and sheers went on top the unevenness was hardly noticeable.  I wore this for a full week! Big win, considering the time it took to meticulously fill in all those little spaces.  Totally WORTH IT.  I got tons of compliments and they felt SUPER pretty! Even when the tips began to chip a bit it was not really noticeable. 


The winners of my Gone So Long Giveaway have responded by the deadline, and their parcels are going in the mail this afternoon!  Congratulations!  I can't wait to start amassing some new goodies for the next giveaway!

Do you have a favorite leadlight manicure?  Please send me to see it!
Thank you for peeking!

JQ

12 comments:

  1. Love this! Be honest, how long did it take you? Doesn't look like I have time fo dat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it took about 2 hours I think. I could do it faster now that I tried it once. I just use one colour at a time and dot in every nail the same (or close) spaces. It was definitely harder when I was using my left hand to fill.
      I don't usually like my manis to take up more than about 1/2 hour...HOWEVER. I will confess that this isn't the longest manicure to date. ;p

      Delete
    2. And thank you very much! I loved wearing it, and I wore it right out. My nails were balding badly by the time I was through with it. ;p

      Delete
  2. These look fab, so pretty! Sometimes I do manis that take a while, but if you're watching TV or whatever and just adding to it a little at a time, it's not like it wastes any time (i would be watching TV anyway, might as well be doing nails at the same time!)
    Gorgeous mani! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I like to listen to music while I paint, but sometimes I'll throw on a show I've been devouring and watch several episodes. I find I don't get much nail art done though. I just keep looking at the show. I'm super visual. Hate to miss any facial expressions/nuances. ;p I think this mani would have taken me 4 hours if I'd had my shows on.

      Delete
  3. Oh so pretty! Loving this techique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am too! I just received my first MoYou plates and there are several images that will turn out beautiful using this technique. I specifically ordered with leadlight in mind. ;p

      Delete
  4. I am mesmerized. At first I thought that they are nail wraps, and after reading your post I understood that this took a lot of time because it is hand made! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! It was definitely a challenge, but I love it. I haven't been falling for nail wraps because I take such pleasure in customizing my own manicure. I did recently receive some Jamberry wraps to try. I should do it soon because the image is lovely.

      Delete
  5. Omgosh! Those are stunning!! Great job on them ♥

    ReplyDelete

Scribbles!