Thursday, June 20, 2013

From the Vault: Matte Colour Block

This mani was inspired by all the super cute colour block manicures out there to date, especially the pastel matte color block design by Kitties26 over at More Nail Polish

I took these two lonely pictures right after I finished painting them and then they promptly got lost in the vault. 


I didn't keep tabs on the polishes I used, but if I remember I used a white base, then taped off and painted each block and then I had to touch up the lines with more white before adding Orly Matte Top.


This was done with slivers of masking tape and it was so fiddly that by the end I was bonkers.  I got some nail art tape from Born Pretty so I'll be using that next time and hopefully it will help a little.

My next colour block HAS to be similar to this badass manicure by Jen over at The Nail Polish Project.  ERMEGERRRD. 

And then sometime in the future I have to take a day and make a mani inspired by Chalkboard Nails' amazeballs dual gradient manicure

Are you into Matte Topcoat or is it a thing of the past?
Do you you have a favorite colour block manicure?  I'd love to see it! Leave a link!

Thanks for peeking!

JQ

1 comment:

Scribbles!